As it is said, you should always go with the flow and imbibe the changes that come along in the path!! That’s what IISM believes in as well! Until 2016, IISM used to conduct the pen–n–paper based test at various centres across India. However, this year we decided to come up with a test which is Online! Yes, That’s Right-SMAT 2017 will be an ONLINE TEST. Students across the country can now appear for the test from their home in a hassle-free environment.
IISM believes in helping students in shaping the best sports career hence, this blog is specially written to help you with some tips for SMAT – Sports Management Admission Test conducted by IISM – International Institute of Sports Management. Here it goes:
First Understand the Test:
Even though the exam focuses on Sports Awareness, it’s not just about Records or Sports Celebrities.
This test focuses on every aspect of Sports.
As a student, you are expected to get acquainted with the sports industry as a whole. This means you should be aware of:
- Governing Bodies in the industry
- Sports Authorities
- Sports Infrastructure
- Sports leagues/Tournaments
- Sports Activities –Now and in the Past
- Financial Aspects of Sports nationally as well as globally
- Administrative Perspective in the sports industry
And Then Prepare for the Test
The Test has various aspects as discussed and for each one of them, there are tips mentioned below that would help you Prepare Better!!
- Quantitative Analysis:
- Be affluent with tricks that will help you solve the number based questions easily.
- Know your formulas well to avoid spending time on word-based problems
- Verbal Analysis:
- As the name suggests, verbal analysis would comprise questions that would judge your reading and reasoning abilities. So be sure you are well aware.
- The questions are framed such that assess your skills in understanding the concept of framed words and comprehension skills.
- This test would also want you to think constructively and communicate in the language.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation:
- It is important for students to use logic and take decisions
- The test will assess your logical thinking ability based on how you gather required information from data pool.
- It is essential to know how to apply data and understand it. We usually keep it simple so that it doesn’t challenge students
- Visual Reasoning:
- While its usually not seen in MBA entrance exams other than MH-CET. This test is one of the easiest and scoring sections in any entrance exams.
- The test checks your skills in understanding and analyse the visual information and assesses you based on the same.
- Quantitative Analysis:
This is my take on preparing you for the SMAT 2017! Hope it helps you to score well. Write below in the comments section and share your views. Wishing each one of you the Best!!!
Test Developer And Entrance Exam Trainer based in Mumbai.